Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lake Wylie kitties are doing well {RATE US!}

Before my update, don't forget that to the right is an auction link that helps different fosters at different times. It depends on the urgency. Also to the right you will find a donate button and all money raised goes directly for the fosters that I have (you will see their pics as soon as I update those in need of a home). There is also a Wal-Mart link that will take you directly to my 'wish list'. This is a list of items I need for all the babies I care for.
I could not wait for yesterday to get here. All 3 kitties from the lake and my baby Thomas went to be either spayed or neutered. The lake babies went to the s/n clinic while Thomas went to my normal vet since he has CH.
It was confirmed that Wylie's left foot has been cut off and not a birth defect. So whatever it was that cut it off, did a nice, clean job. His leg has completely healed. No bone shavings, no infection.
Also, they tested negative on the combo test.
Even though Brim didn't get spayed, they must have really hooked her up. I mean, they told me they would feed her and make her comfortable.
Let me tell you, she seemed like a different cat when I got her home. She was more friendly towards me but she did hiss at Tuna. So that part of her hasn't changed. Though I think she hisses at Tuna because Brim is in heat. But as long as Tuna just snuggles up, Brim is fine. The moment Tuna starts to move around, Brim hisses at her.
Watching them, you can not split them up. It's amazing how they act when just one is away. So much different.
So I have another month with these 3. Once Brim is spayed on the 1st, they all need to leave by the 7th of April.

So I am asking, pleading, if anyone out there can continue to foster them or can give them a furever home, please contact me. I hate the thought of taking them back to the lake. It's hard to say how much they eat during the summer. I know people toss them fish once in awhile. But they were starving this winter. And to top it off, Wylie gets his foot cut off.
They really need a break. If no one steps forward, I will have to take them back to the lake. I do not want to do this! But I will have no choice. So please, share this blog. I believe patience, Brim & Tuna and a lot of love, will break this young man out of his shell.
Also, I will be adding an adoption post soon. Rescues, fostering or adopting is always welcomed.











No comments:

Post a Comment